September 29

Committee Meeting Minutes, Wednesday 19 September, 2018

Venue: Blacktown Worker’s Sports Club
Meeting opened: 4.10pm
Present: Ian McLean (LSL), Jan Poona, Jenny Scheffers, Lorraine Baxter, Julie Grazotis, Vicci Bishop, Cate Yard, Joanna Deegan and Michele Young.
Apologies: Cathie Cattermole, Fran Mead, Sue Pitt, Jennifer Dengate and Ruth Buchanan.

General Business
Thank you to Cate for hosting the Term 3 Afternoon Tea meeting.
DET Conference ‘Libraries for Future Learners’ will be held at the Hyatt Regency Sydney on 19th October.
Jan emailed Committee members information about ‘The Great Book Swap’ project
Ian is waiting on a reply from June Wall regarding advertising the Teacher Librarian networks in SchoolBiz
Cathie investigated having NESA approval for our conferences. Due to the complexity of the system, the Committee has decided to promote our Professional Learning days as we have done in the past
The preparation of an ‘Event Host Information Package’ will continue and include WHS notices, a copy of ‘Welcome to Country’, a Duty List, Committee names and contact information etc
Jan contacted June Wall regarding the Oliver team presenting at our conference and was referred to Kelly Murphy
Michele, Cate and Jan inspected the function room at Rooty Hill RSL Club
Julie announced that she will be returning to teach in the classroom next year. Thank you Julie, for your support and contributions as a PMBW Committee member. Good luck and best wishes for your future.
Cate will also be moving from the position of Teacher Librarian to acting Assistant Principal LAST within her school. Good luck Cate in your change of teaching role and thank you for your contributions and support as a PMBW Committee member.
Possible future presenter? – Lizzie Chase, TL at Ryde
Our AGM will be held in conjunction with our next Committee meeting.

TO DO:
Ian – email Michele a copy of ‘Welcome to Country’
Michele – prepare a draft ‘Event Host Information Package’ for discussion at the next Committee meeting
Lorraine – email our district Teacher Librarians inviting them to the next Committee meeting which will include the AGM.

Treasurer’s Report – Jan
For future PMBW events, Jan will present her SAM with a list of Teacher Librarians attending the event and each school will be invoiced directly
Term 2 Conference 2019 – Deposit paid for booking the Concept Room at Rooty Hill RSL Club.

Term 1 2019 Afternoon Tea Meeting
Term 1 date TBA
3:30 – 5:30pm
Teacher Librarian host – Vicci Bishop
Venue – Bennett Road PS
Possible Presenters – Nicola Evans and Aleesha Paz Reading Australia 
Copyright Agency Reading Australia https://readingaustralia.com.au/
CONTACTS: Toll free (within Australia) 1800 066 844
Tel: +61 2 9394 7600
, Fax: +61 2 9394 7601
Email: readingaustralia@copyright.com.au
Committee members to bring a plate
TO DO:
Michele – Contact Vicci to decide on the meeting date
Michele – Contact Nicola and Aleesha

Organisation for Term 2 Conference 2019
Date: Monday 17th June 2019
Rooty Hill RSL Club
Concept Room booked
120 delegates
Cost $95 per person
Paul MacDonald – attendance confirmed by Ian
Kelly Murphy – attendance confirmed by Jan
Syba Signs – attendance confirmed by Jenny
Presenters will need to bring along their own laptop

Proposed Agenda
9 – 10am Kathy Wyber – Four Quadrants of Organisation
10 – 10.45am Presentations by the Sponsors
10.45 – 11.30am Morning Tea
11.30 – 12.30pm & 12.30 – 1.30pm Concurrent sessions to address High School & Primary School Teacher Librarians
Paul MacDonald – CBCA Book Week short list (and what’s new and hot in graphic novels?)
Kelly Murphy (Oliver team) – updates & underutilized aspects of Oliver, Oliver for teaching and learning, question time
1.30 – 2.15pm  Lunch
2.15 – 3.15 Morris Gleitzman or author / illustrator
3.15 – 3.30 Evaluation / prizes

Sponsors
Kids News Representative
World Book Representative – Libby Gray
Paul MacDonald – trade table
Syba Signs Representative

TO DO:
Committee – choose morning tea & lunch menu
Michele – book selected morning tea & lunch menu
Michele – book a technician for the day at a cost of $60 per hour
Michele – book pinboards for Syba Signs trade display
Michele – purchase folders
Julie – contact and book Kathy Wyber (TL Ingleburn PS) to present her one hour session ‘Four Quadrants of Organisation’

Ian – contact Paul regarding his presentation of two sessions – one to support High school & one for Primary School TLs
Ian – contact Paul to book Morris Gleitzman (if available) or another suitable author/illustrator
Jan – count the number of PMBW carry bags we have available – consider paper bags
Jan – purchase 150 Eco Mugs from Promotion Products for inclusion in each delegate conference bag (refer to Promotion Products Flyer)
Jan – prepare Sign In / Sign Out delegates list & collect at the end of the day
Vicci – email delegates / prepare badges (Lorraine LSL)
Vicci – delegates’ and presenters’ certificates
Cate – Email Vicci template for certificates
Cate – Contact and book ‘Kids News’ sponsor – fee will cover a Trade Fair table, catering for 1 rep & a 7 min presentation. Email details to Sue
Lorraine – Contact Libby Gray (World Book) and book her as a sponsor – fee will cover a Trade Fair table, catering for 1 rep & a 7 min presentation. Email details to Sue
Sue – Jenny has confirmed Syba Signs as a sponsor. Follow up next year re the fee charge & final arrangements for the day. It was explained that the fee will cover a Trade Fair table, catering for 1 rep & a 7 min presentation
Sue – trade tables are available for two more sponsors ??

Next Committee Meeting: 4:00pm at Penrith Panthers on Wednesday 14th November (Term 4 Week 5) Includes AGM.
Meeting closed: 5.40pm.

Category: minutes | LEAVE A COMMENT
September 1

Afternoon Tea Meeting – Term 3

The Committee of the Penrith, Mt Druitt, Blacktown and Windsor (PMBW) teacher-librarians invite you to an informal afternoon tea gathering to network, and to share the successes of your Book Week activities. This is a great opportunity to meet your TL colleagues, especially if you are often unable to attend full-day PD opportunities. We hope to see you there!

Date: Thursday 13th September (Week 8)
Venue: Bidwill Public School, 45 Bunya Road, Bidwill
Time: 3:30 for 4.00pm – 5:00pm
Topics: Networking opportunities, Flexible Learning Spaces and sharing of Book Week successes
Cost: Free. Afternoon tea refreshments will be provided.
RSVP: Friday 7th September to Cate Yard (Teacher Librarian)
Email: Catherine.Yard@det.nsw.edu.au
Phone: 02 9628 2444
Parking details: Please park on the street (Bunya Road). Enter through the Chifley College Bidwill pedestrian gate. The library is to the right of the high school office.

July 30

Committee Meeting Minutes, Thursday 5 July 2018

Venue: Penrith Panthers
Meeting opened: 4.20pm
Present: Ian McLean (LSL), Jan Poona, Sue Pitt, Lorraine Baxter, Julie Grazotis, Vicci Bishop, Cate Yard and Michele Young.
Apologies: Jenny Scheffers, Cathie Cattermole, Fran Mead, Jennifer Dengate and Ruth Buchanan.

General Business
* Flowers will be delivered to Jenny Scheffers
* Lorraine emailed TLs on our data base information about the following two conferences – CPL Conference on 31st August and Our Primary Libraries: Creative Collaboration on the 25th June
* Jan attended the Creative Collaboration Conference – a great day of professional learning with a primary school focus
* Lorraine – emailed School Principals for the name of their Teacher Librarian in order to update our database information. At this stage, 100 schools have not responded to the email. Lorraine has created a TL list for each district in our area
* Cate spoke with WHS Consultant, Sue Fuller, regarding whether the Committee needs to prepare a Risk Assessment Plan for the functions that we organise. Although a full Risk Assessment Plan is not necessary, we will need to cover certain points within our Housekeeping procedures at the beginning of each event (details to follow)
* The Committee will prepare an ‘Event Host Information Package’ which will include WHS notices, a copy of ‘Welcome to Country’, a Duty List, Committee names and contact information etc (to be finalised at the next meeting)
* A digital copy (USB) of the presenters’ notes from the Term 2 Conference is not available
* Jenny S contacted Paul MacDonald for a copy of his Book Week Shortlist presentation and forwarded it to Committee members
* The Committee decided not to change our system of distribution and collection of name badges used for PMBW events
* Jan mentioned a project titled “The Great Book Swap” which aims to supply books to students in remote areas. Conduct a fundraiser within your own school and for a gold coin donation, people donate and swap books
* Cate – “Kids News” (Kidsnews.com.au) A free teaching resource for schools aimed at students in Years 3-8.

TO DO:
* Lorraine – send a final email to the 100 schools that have not responded with the name of their Teacher Librarian
* Jan – Email Committee members information about “The Great Book Swap” project
* Ian – Add Paul’s PowerPoint Presentation to our PMBW website
* Ian – Follow up with Easter Carmeli for access to her presentation
* Ian – contact June Wall next term to see if she would be interested in advertising the Teacher Librarian networks in SchoolBiz
* Ian – email Michele a copy of ‘Welcome to Country’
* Michele – follow up with Cate regarding the inclusion of WHS notices at the beginning of any PMBW event
* Michele – prepare a draft “Event Host Information Package” for discussion at the next Committee meeting.

Treasurer’s Report – Jan
* Term 2 Conference – 23 schools have not yet paid or been identified as having made payment
* Jan has emailed each school to sort out the problem and only 8 have replied
* To check if a school has paid for their TL to attend an event the school’s SAM needs to send Jan’s SAM a Journal Number (Transaction number) to check against unidentified payments
SAM time is paid for the handling of PMBW finances – fee is still to be deducted from our account balance
* For future PMBW events, Jan will present her SAM with a list of Teacher Librarians attending the event and each school will be invoiced directly.

TO DO:
* Jan – continue to follow up with outstanding Term 2 Conference payments.

Term 3 2018 Afternoon Tea Meeting – Planning
* Thursday 13th September (Term 3, Week 8), 3:30 – 5:30pm
* Teacher Librarian host is Cate Yard – Bidwill PS
* Discussion topics – Book Week / Flexible Learning Spaces
* Committee members to bring a plate.

TO DO:
* Lorraine – email Cathie information for the event Flyer / RSVP to Cate by Friday 7th September
* Cathie – Design the Flyer to advertise this event.

Organisation for Term 2 Conference 2019 (Draft only)
Date: Monday 17th June 2019
Venue: Rooty Hill RSL Club
120 delegates – cost $90 per person
Possible presentations:
* Paul MacDonald – Book Week Shortlist and Graphic Novels
* Author – Morris Gleitzman or Ahn Do (check ‘The Children’s Bookshop’ list)
* NSW DoE Oliver Team – teaching / learning focus
* Easter Carmeli – Science texts to support the new Syllabus
* ACARA Learning Progressions (text complexity) – how can the Teacher Librarian use them to support learning? (Department Representative?)

TO DO:
* Michele & Cate – visit venue and meet with the RSL representation to discuss our event and inclusions
* Michele – book the venue and contact Jan regarding the deposit payment
* Ian – contact Easter Carmeli to confirm whether a Science Picture Book List to support the new syllabus will be available at the time of our Conference date / will the list cover Stage levels 1 – 5
* Ian – book Paul MacDonald for 17th June
* Jan – count the number of PMBW carry bags we have available
* Michele – purchase folders
* Vicci – email delegates / prepare badges (Lorraine LSL)
* Cathie – Investigate how NESA works for accrediting our PD Days
* Cathie – Investigate the cost of engaging Anh Do for a presentation
* Cate – delegates’ and presenters’ certificates
* Jan – prepare Sign In / Sign Out delegates list / collect at the end of the day
* Jan – contact June Wall and ask her to book the Oliver Team for this Conference.

Next Committee Meeting: 4:00pm at Blacktown Worker’s Sports Club on Wednesday 19th September (Term 3 Week 9)
Meeting closed: 5.40pm.

Category: minutes | LEAVE A COMMENT
April 3

Forthcoming Term 2 full-day Professional Learning event

Please note amended agenda.

Our Term 2 full-day Professional Learning event is now available on MyPL. The session is called “PMBW Teacher Librarian Term2 2018 PD Day”. Type this title or Course Code “NR19790” into the MyPL search engine to enrol. (Note: Enrolments have now closed.)

Day: Thursday May 10 2018 (Term 2, Week 2)
Venue: Richmond High School
Lennox Street
RICHMOND NSW 2753

Host Teacher Librarian: Lolita Garcia

Program:
8:15am – 9:00am Registration & Refreshments
9:00am – 9:10am Welcome, Housekeeping & General Business
9:10am – 10:15am Book Week 2018, the CBCA Short List, Notables and What’s Hot to support new syllabuses: Paul Macdonald (The Children’s Bookshop, Beecroft)
10:15am – 10:45am Premier’s Reading Challenge – Meet Tamara Rodgers, 2018 PRC Officer (NSW DoE)
10:45am – 11:00am Sponsors’ Presentations
11:00am – 11:30am Morning tea

11:30am – 12:15pm Teacher Librarians, English Textual Concepts K-6 and curriculum overview: Easter Cameli representing James Hoffman, Acting Leader of Primary Curriculum (NSW DoE)
OR
11:30am – 12:15pm Secondary Teacher Librarians’ Discussion: June Wall, Library Coordinator, Learning Systems (NSW DoE)

12:15pm – 1.00pm Science Syllabus K-6 and STEM: Easter Carmeli, Science & Technology Adviser K-6 (NSW DoE)
OR
12:15pm – 1.00pm Science Syllabus 7-12: Sham Nair, Science Advisor, Secondary Curriculum Learning and Teaching Directorate (NSW DoE)

1:00pm – 2:00pm Lunch
2:00pm – 3:00pm The new online “Scan” journal and past thematic history articles: June Wall, Library Coordinator, Learning Systems (NSW DoE)
3:00pm – 3:15pm Evaluation and Badge Draw.

Instructions:
Parking on the school site is limited. The entrance is on Lennox Street. More parking is available on Lennox or West Market Street or Castlereagh Road.
If you have any dietary requirements, please contact Lolita Garcia at lolita.garcia@det.nsw.edu.au

As for the $40 payment, give the tax invoice to your SAM. It contains exact instructions as to how payment can be made. Please ensure that PMBW and your first and last names are used to clearly identify your payment. If we can’t identify who made the payment, we cannot determine that you have paid! Both the tax invoice and the agenda are attached to the email that told you that this PD day was on.

Please note that the day is quite early in Term 2. We look forward to seeing you there!

Ian McLean,
Chairperson, PMBW Teacher Librarians’ Learning Group

March 2

Term 1 afternoon tea and hands-on workshop: S.T.E.M.

Where: James Erskine Public School’s Library I-Centre
53 Peppertree Drive
Erskine Park.
When: Wednesday 11th April (Term 1, Week 11)
Time: 4.00pm – 5.30pm
Cost: Free
Parking: Available onsite, or in car park across from the school

This is an opportunity to network, have afternoon tea, and a local teacher-librarian sharing with you:

* A brief overview of both the process and the value of S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering and maths)
* Problem solving, critical thinking and the importance of the school library
* Participate in a Picture Book S.T.E.M. challenge
* Try a variety of “Make & Take” challenges
* Meet and play with JEPS robots, Bee-Bots, Construct-a-Bots, Ozobots, Wonder Dash & Sphero
* Access to a Google Doc file of Picture Book S.T.E.M. ideas.

We hope you can join us.
RSVP closing date: Friday 6th April
Contact Cathie to RSVP at catherine.cattermole@det.nsw.edu.au

Please note: Due to the nature of this workshop, it is limited to 40 attendees. RSVPs will be recorded in order of receipt. TLs will receive priority as the local PMBW TL Committee is hosting this event. Other teachers are welcome and will be advised is there are places available after the RSVP cut-off date. Thank you.

UPDATE: Here are some photos of the day…

STEAM 1

Click here for slideshow (Requires Flash)

Or go to the album HERE.

February 27

Committee Meeting Minutes – Thursday 22nd February 2018

Venue: Penrith Panthers
Meeting opened: 4.10pm
Present: Ian McLean, Jan Poona, Cathie Cattermole, Lolita Garcia, Lorraine Baxter, Julie Grazotis, Jennifer Dengate, Sue Pitt, Kelly Finch, Vicci Bishop, Cate Yard, Melissa Kelly and Michele Young.
Venue: Penrith Panthers
Meeting opened: 4.10pm
Present: Ian McLean, Jan Poona, Cathie Cattermole, Lolita Garcia, Lorraine Baxter, Julie Grazotis, Jennifer Dengate, Sue Pitt, Kelly Finch, Vicci Bishop, Cate Yard, Melissa Kelly and Michele Young.
Apologies: Jenny Scheffers, Fran Mead, Joanna Deegan and Ruth Buchanan.

General Business
• Committee Meeting venues will remain as Penrith Panthers and Blacktown Worker’s Sports Club
• Wednesdays and Thursdays are preferred committee meeting days
• Cate Yard is confirmed as the organiser of Delegates’ & Presenters’ Certificates
• Cate is confirmed as the host for the Term 3 Afternoon Tea meeting at Bidwill PS
• Below is an email received by Jenny Scheffers regarding important changes to the MyPL system

EMAIL – New Functionality – Details Link
The reference guide in the link at the end of this email describes how to create a link to the Session Enrolment page for an individual course. This will be referred to as the “Details link”.
The Details link should be used in all advertisements for MyPL courses and replaces the “Instalaunch link” previously used. The Instalaunch link had the default behaviour of enrolling staff to the waitlist for a course simply by clicking on the link provided.
The Details link will not enrol staff onto a waitlist and simply presents the list of available sessions for staff to choose. Please use this link in future in all advertisements for MyPL courses.
https://education.nsw.gov.au/teaching-and-learning/professional-learning/mypl/media/documents/documents_101116/link-to-session-enrolment-page.pdf.pdf
Regards
Dominic Bova
Manager MyPL
School Policy and Information Management
Learning and Business Systems
Department of Education and Communities
Level 1, 1 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst
NSW 2010 ® Ph: +61 2 9244 5054

• Jenny Scheffers suggested registering PMBW Afternoon Tea meetings on MYPL – Committee decided that attendees could register these meetings for accreditation as Teacher Identified PD (TIPD)
 Ian – investigate how PMBW full day meetings can be registered with NESA.

Jan (Treasurer’s Report)
• Jo Ryan has agreed to assist Jan with the Treasurer’s duties on behalf of PMBW Teacher Librarian Professional Learning Group. Jan and Jo will chase up payments for 2017 PD day once Jo has had time to settle into her new role.

Term 1 Afternoon Tea Meeting – Picture Book S.T.E.M
• Refer to flyer
• Hosted by Teacher Librarian Cathie Cattermole
• James Erskine PS – 53 Peppertree Drive, Erskine Park
• Wednesday 11th April (Week 11)
• 4:00 – 5:30pm
• Topic –STEM / STEAM workshop
• Limited to 40 attendees – Preference given to Teacher Librarians before places open to other interested teachers
• Committee members are asked to bring a plate for afternoon tea.

 Cathie – add parking information to the flyer
 Cathie – email a copy of the flyer to Ian & cc to Lorraine for distribution
 Ian – add flyer to the PMBW Blog
 Cathie – contact Jan for reimbursement of money spent on resourcing the STEM workshop.

Term 2 Full Day Meeting
• Hosted by Lolita Garcia
• Richmond HS
• Week 2 Thursday 10th May
• Agenda being considered:
o Paul Macdonald – CBCA Notables, Short List & hot History resources
o Two concurrent sessions – HSIE Consultant (History – PS & HS) and English consultant (English Conceptual Concepts)?
o Author presentation – contact through Paul MacDonald and the Children’s Bookshop – possible link to the History Syllabus?
o Megan Townes (Microsoft Presenter)?
• Catering will be organised by the school – breaks/meals will be taken in the Trade Training Centre.

 Ian – contact Paul Macdonald to lock in this date
 Ian – contact HSIE consultant
 Jan – contact English consultant
 Lolita – contact Megan Townes (re Term 2 PD Day or Term 3 Afternoon meeting)
 Ian and Jan to work on the Agenda for the next full-day meeting
 Lorraine – email delegates to add this event and date to their diaries
 Sue – organise sponsors – suggestions: Modern Teaching Aids (MTA), MacMillan, World Book Online (Consultant – Libby Gray), supplier of STEM products (email Cathie for her contacts).

Next Committee Meeting: 4.00pm at Blacktown Worker’s Sports Club
Date TBA

Meeting closed: 5.15pm

February 14

Committee Meeting Minutes, Thursday 6 December 2017

Venue: Blacktown Worker’s Sports Club
Meeting opened: 4.10pm (This meeting was promoted as our AGM)
Present: Ian McLean, Jenny Scheffers, Jan Poona, Cathie Cattermole, Lolita Garcia, Joanna Deegan and Michele Young.
Apologies: Fran Mead, Lorraine Baxter, Jennifer Dengate, Sue Pitt, Cate Yard, Vicci Bishop, Julie Grazotis, Melissa Kelly and Ruth Buchanan.

Ian
• Term 4 Professional Learning Day a success
• 66 delegates attended
• Term 4 2018 – possible Department of Education Conference
• 2018 Committee and Roles & Responsibilities confirmed (see separate page on this blog)
• New Committee members – Welcome to Kelly Finch (Lethbridge Park PS), Melissa Kelly (Colyton PS) and Ruth Buchanan (Colo HS)
• Volunteer Teacher Librarians happy to to host a meeting in 2018:
Cate Yard at Bidwill PS – Term 1 or 3
Vicci Bishop at Bennett Road PS – Term 1 or 3
Kelly Finch at Lethbridge Park PS – Term 1

 Ian – Survey the Committee members as to the suitability of current Committee Meeting venues – Penrith Panthers and Blacktown Worker’s Sports Club
 Michele – contact Cate to ask if she will organise Delegates & Presenters’ Certificates
 Michele – confirm with Cate that the Term 3 Afternoon Tea Meeting will be held at Bidwill PS.

Lolita (Term 4 PL Day Evaluation Report)
• Refer to Handout
• Great venue at no cost
• Great catering by the school canteen
• 32 delegates returned an online evaluation
• Some delegates experienced problems accessing the online evaluation

• Suggestions to attain a higher percentage of Evaluation returns:
o email detailed instructions on how to access the online evaluation form
o use computers/ipads etc available at the venue
o use Survey Monkey
o delegates complete the evaluation on their own device before leaving the venue
o require delegates to complete the evaluation in order to be accredited in MyPL

• Future directions for topics and presenters:
o Program Builder?
o Resourcing the History Curriculum?
o TENS?
o Revisit using OLIVER?
o More of Paul Macdonald?
o English conceptual concepts?
o Library redecorating ideas?
o Digital Technology Curriculum (Australian Curriculum website) – developing a scope and sequence?

Jan (Treasurer’s Report)
• Current balance is healthy
• 11 delegates still to pay for Term 4 PL Day
• Fiona Wadell, SAM at Rooty Hill PS, is moving on to Katoomba PS. Jo Ryan has agreed to assist Jan with the Treasurer’s duties on behalf of PMBW Teacher Librarian Professional Learning Group.

2018 Organisation:
• Term 1 Afternoon Tea Meeting – hosted by Cathie Cattermole, James Erskine PS
• Term 2 Full Day Meeting – hosted by Lolita Garcia, Richmond HS
• Term 3 Afternoon Tea Meeting – hosted by Cate Yard, Bidwill PS
• Term 4 Full Day Meeting – Possible Department of Education Conference.

Term 1 Afternoon Tea Meeting (to be confirmed)
• Hosted by Teacher Librarian Cathie Cattermole
• James Erskine PS
• Wednesday 4th (Week 10) or Wednesday 11th (Week 11) April?
• 4:00 – 5:30pm
• Topic – STEM / STEAM workshop
 Cathie – Check the date of the Term 1 P & C meeting. If this date is also suitable for our meeting we can extend the workshop time to 6pm.

Term 2 Full Day Meeting (to be confirmed)
• Hosted by Lolita Garcia
• Richmond HS
• Week 2 Wednesday 9th May – (Tuesday 8th & Thursday 10th are also possible dates)
• Agenda
o Paul Macdonald – CBCA Short List & History resources?
o Colleen Blancato – Teacher Librarian essentials / Department update / Using Program Builder?
o Introduction to the Digital Technologies Syllabus – Colleen Blancato (or recommended presenter)?
o Author presentation – contact through Paul MacDonald and the Children’s Bookshop – possible link to the History Syllabus?
o Concurrent sessions – Program Builder / digital technologies (Cathie & Julie?)?
• Catering will be organised by the school – breaks/meals will be taken in the Trade Training Centre
 Ian – contact Paul MacDonald
 Ian – contact Colleen Blancato.

Next Committee Meeting: 4.00pm at Penrith Panthers Club, Possibly Term 1 Week 4 2018
Meeting closed: 5.20pm

December 1

Annual General Meeting: Wed 6th December! All welcome!

Our AGM will be held on Wed 6th December!

Blacktown Worker’s Sports Club
170 Reservoir Road
Blacktown
Please try to arrive by 4pm.

www.blacktownaustralia.com.au/3066/blacktown-workers-sports-club/

All PMBW TLs are welcome. We would love to see some new faces join the committee and help to spread the planning load and prioritise future agenda ideas.

A big thank you to everyone who attended our recent PD day at Rooty Hill HS Function Centre. If you have not yet completed your online evaluation, please contact us for the link, or refer to the recent email.

Thank you also to TLs who have volunteered their schools as venues for meetings in 2018. Term 1 and Term 3 are usually informal (free) afternoon tea meetings, and Term 2 and 4 and full days. It is likely that Term 4 will be a Departmental conference, but a large venue (usually a high school or large primary school; capable of catering for about 90 delegates) is still required for Term 2. If you can assist, please speak with your Principal and then contact a committee member before the AGM.

Regards,
Ian McLean, Chairperson

Category: news | LEAVE A COMMENT
October 11

Term 4 Conference on Friday 24th November

Dear colleagues,

The Penrith, Mt Druitt, Blacktown and Windsor Teacher Librarian Professional Learning Group (PMBW) is hosting an exciting Term 4 Conference on Friday 24th November (Week 7), 9.00am – 3.30pm at Rooty Hill High School Conference Centre, North Parade, Rooty Hill. The Conference Centre is on the first floor above the hall (and was the school library years ago, before the new one was built).

Please use the Tax Invoice attached to the email we sent out by email, which MUST be given to your SAM. The cost is $40. The PD Day Agenda is as printed below. Online registration is through MyPL and the code for this event is NR17175. We look forward to seeing you.

Godwits

Program
8:15 – 9:00am Registration & Refreshments
9:00 – 9:10am Welcome, Housekeeping & General Business
9:10 – 9:40am Integrating Popular Information Picture Books into Teaching & Learning Programs: Paul Macdonald (The Children’s Bookshop)
9:40 – 10:45am A Guide to using picture books in Geography (Dept of Education’s new online resource): Theone Ellas (DoE HSIE K-6 Advisor)
10:45 – 11:00am Sponsors’ Presentations
11:00 – 11:30am Morning tea
11:30 – 12:15pm Author presentation: Bruce Pickworth, author of The Godwits (book has a focus on bird migration and built environments, HSIE, with online Teachers’ Notes by Margo Pickworth)
12:15 – 1.00pm Using an information picture book as a resource for Geography and History: Margo Pickworth
1:00 – 2:00pm Lunch
2:00 – 3:00pm Discussion Groups (High School & Primary Schools): Library Programs – Lesson Planning & Programming Templates
3:00 – 3:15pm Evaluation and Badge Draw.

Colleen Blancato, Library Coordinator, Learning Systems, of the NSW DoE’s Learning and Business Systems Directorate, will also be attending. (More on Colleen’s participation later!)

Ian McLean,
Chairperson, PMBW TL Committee
Penrith PS