Committee Meeting Minutes for Wednesday 7 May 2014
Venue: Penrith Panthers
Meeting opened: 4.00pm
Present: Jenny Scheffers, Lee Arundel, Ian McLean, Jan Poona, Jenny Dengate, Janelle Van Capelle, Cathie Cattermole and Michele Young.
Apologies: Lorraine Baxter, Fran Mead and Natalie Ignacz.
Upcoming Term 2 CONFERENCE – Integrating Inquiry Learning & Web 2.0 Technologies into the Australian Curriculum
• Paid to Syba Signs
• PMBW bags – 250 ordered, new logo displayed
• Presented by Lyn Hay at Novotel Parramatta
• Partnership with Syba Academy
• Syba Academy will coordinate all aspects of the day – registration, certificates, evaluations etc
• 59 delegates enrolled at present – 49 from our district, 3 non PMBW TLs and 7 TL colleagues
• Aiming for a total of 100 delegates
• Advertise on NSW listserv if numbers have not improved over the next two weeks
• PMBW bought one banner, second banner free
• Members of the committee will hand out PMBW showbags
• Suggested that delegates bring a unit of work to use in the last session of the day
• Sponsors – Syba Signs, Wheelers Books, Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eisau School’s Directory
• Advertise Term 3 Professional Learning meeting at this conference
A couple of Committee members will need to meet with Lee (Blacktown South PS) to organise the show bags before the Conference date
Jenny – confirm menu and table settings
Jenny – approach Syba Signs about donation of lucky door prizes.
Upcoming Professional Learning Day – Term 3 instead of Term 4
• Wednesday 3 September (Week 8)
• TL – Rosalind Graham (prefers Ros)
• Riverstone PS
• Cost $40
• Proposed Agenda
8.15am Registration & coffee
9.00am Welcome by Principal & Housekeeping
9.10am Review of the Shortlisted CBCA titles and What’s Hot – Paul MacDonald (The Children’s Bookshop) – confirmed
10.20am Bringing authors and Illustrators into your classroom using Connected Classroom + Pinterest – Cathie Cattermole
11.00am Sponsor’s Presentations
11.15am Morning Tea and Sponsor’s Displays
12 noon Unpacking the Teaching Standards for Teacher Librarians – Nerina Pretlove
Janelle to organise with Nerina
1.00pm Lunch and Sponsor’s Displays
2.00pm Author /Illustrator – possibly Catherine Jinks, John Heffernan, Aaron Blabey or Oliver Pomnavah?
Jenny to contact Lateral Learning
3.00pm Concluding Evaluation/ Lucky Door prize draw
Sue to organise sponsors
Jenny to book caterer
Jenny and Jan to upload course onto MyPL.
Term 4 Afternoon Tea Meeting
• Quakers Hill PS
• Date to be announced, 3:30 – 5:00pm.
• Suggested PD Day session for 2015 – How do Teacher Librarians teach in their School Library?
• Scholastic will provide authors for free eg Dav Pilkey
• Try ‘Booked Out’ to find authors for school visits.
Next Committee Meeting: 3.45pm Blacktown Sports Club – date to be announced
Meeting closed: 5.00pm