Committee Meeting Minutes – Thursday 24th July 2014
Venue: Blacktown Workers Sports Club
Meeting opened: 3:55pm
Present: Jenny Scheffers, Lee Arundle, Jan Poona, Jennifer Dengate, Janelle Van Capelle, Cathie Cattermole, Sue Pitt, Fran Mead, Natalie Ignacz and Michele Young.
Apologies: Ian McLean (on leave).
• Lee to step down as Treasurer of the Committee and take a break from the Committee after many years of service
• A new Treasurer will need to be appointed, possibly Cathie Cattermole
• With the introduction of LMBR the financial organisation of the Committee may need to change. Perhaps set up our own account and not have a trust fund attached to a school. Jenny to investigate what other schools do and what our options may be.
• Jenny taking long service leave Term 4 Weeks 1 – 3
• Number of delegates attending the Term 2 Conference (Integrating Inquiry Learning & Web 2.0 Technologies into the Australian Curriculum) was disappointing
• Positive evaluations by delegates
• Syba Academy easy to work with
• Purchased one PMBW banner and received one free
• Paid $100 for graphic design
• Lorraine to add Non PMBW attendees to our data base
• Julie to add a question to Term 3 PL Day Evaluation, ie. “Did you attend the Term 2 Conference? Why/Why not?”
• CBCA Western Sydney – organising an authors/illustrators weekend to be held at Auburn. Advertised via DEC email. Cathie will attend.
Term 3 Professional Learning Day
• Wednesday 3 September (Week 8)
• TL – Rosalind Graham (prefers Ros)
• Riverstone PS
• Cost $40
• Add mention of AGM during Housekeeping matters. Encourage delegates to speak to Committee members throughout the day and consider joining the Committee
• Caterer is booked – Richard
• Jenny has visited the venue
• Course has been uploaded onto MyPL
• Sponsors have paid
Michele – organise folders
Julie – organise evaluation sheet
Jenny – amend Agenda to include AGM 3:00 – 3:15pm followed by Lucky Door Prizes
Jenny – inform presenters that the IWB is low to the floor, handouts may be helpful if delegates find it difficult to view the screen
Jenny – investigate parking for sponsors – inform Sue
Jenny – contact Lorraine to email delegates on data base re lack of parking in the school grounds
Lorraine – organise badges
Janelle – touch base with Nerina and suggest that she bring handouts along
Janelle – pass on website list re Teaching Standards.
Term 4 Afternoon Tea Meeting
• Quakers Hill PS
• Thursday 30th October (Week 4) 3:30 – 5:00pm.
• Judith Ridge will organise a free session with guest author Sally Murphy (promoting Walker Books)
Suggest that Sally will speak from 4:00 – $:45pm followed by question time
To be confirmed
• Walker Books would have a promotional stand?
• Invite Teacher Librarians and Classroom Teachers?
• Jenny – organise a flyer to promote this event at Term 3 PL Day.
Next Committee Meeting: 3.45pm Penrith Panthers – date to be announced.
Meeting closed: 4.50pm.