Term 1 afternoon tea and hands-on workshop: S.T.E.M.
Where: James Erskine Public School’s Library I-Centre
53 Peppertree Drive
When: Wednesday 11th April (Term 1, Week 11)
Time: 4.00pm – 5.30pm
Parking: Available onsite, or in car park across from the school
This is an opportunity to network, have afternoon tea, and a local teacher-librarian sharing with you:
* A brief overview of both the process and the value of S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering and maths)
* Problem solving, critical thinking and the importance of the school library
* Participate in a Picture Book S.T.E.M. challenge
* Try a variety of “Make & Take” challenges
* Meet and play with JEPS robots, Bee-Bots, Construct-a-Bots, Ozobots, Wonder Dash & Sphero
* Access to a Google Doc file of Picture Book S.T.E.M. ideas.
We hope you can join us.
RSVP closing date: Friday 6th April
Contact Cathie to RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Due to the nature of this workshop, it is limited to 40 attendees. RSVPs will be recorded in order of receipt. TLs will receive priority as the local PMBW TL Committee is hosting this event. Other teachers are welcome and will be advised is there are places available after the RSVP cut-off date. Thank you.
UPDATE: Here are some photos of the day…
Click here for slideshow (Requires Flash)
Or go to the album HERE.