Venue: Penrith Panthers
Meeting opened: 4.10pm
Present: Ian McLean, Jenny Scheffers, Jennifer Dengate, Julie Grazotis, Jan Poona, Sue Pitt, Cate Yard, Vicci Bishop, Joanna Deegan and Michele Young.
Apologies: Maria Formica, Fran Mead, Lorraine Baxter and Natalie Ignacz.
• Maria Formica has resigned from the committee as she has accepted a position in Lawson and will attend the Blue Mountains Teacher Librarian Network meetings.
• Sue Pitt will transfer to Cranebrook HS in 2017
• Night of the Notables – CBCA NSW event at Dymocks in the city early 2017
• Anticipate! Appreciate! Applaud! The CBCA Short List – Tuesday March 28, Rydges Sydney Central 28 Albion Street Surry Hills, 9.00am – 3.30pm. Registrations open http://www.trybooking.com/NTWF
Jan gave her Treasurer’s Report
• Glenmore Park HS has a subscription to Wheelers ebooks
• Easy to use / multiple copies of titles
• Promotion $995 – Subscription for 2017 plus Term 4 2016 free
Ian – contact Colleen Blancato for any updates on NSW ebook subscription and guidelines for the promotion of ebook providers.
• Term 1 Afternoon Tea Meeting – hosted by Terrie O’Hearn, Hambledon PS?
• Term 2 Full Day Meeting – hosted by Christien Midgley, Hebersham PS?
• Term 3 Afternoon Tea Meeting – hosted by Karuna Chetty, Nepean HS?
• Term 4 Possible Department of Education Conference.
Term 1 Afternoon Tea Meeting
• Wednesday or Thursday Week 7 or 8?
• Possible 2pm start?
• Topic – Professional Development Plans for Teacher Librarians
o Possible guest speaker – Louise King (DoE, Teacher Quality Advisor)?
o Small group discussion and sharing of ideas
Ian – contact Terrie re date of meeting and start time
Ian – contact Louise King
Jenny – visit Hambledon PS to check out the school facilities
Committee members to copy and share their PDP.
Term 2 Full Day Meeting
• Date to be confirmed – possibly Week 9 Wednesday or Thursday (alternate day with Term 1 meeting)
o Michelle Jensen – ASLA and Maker Spaces?
o Paul MacDonald – CBCA Short List?
o Catherine Thompson (DoE) – Contextual Concepts?
o Julie Grazotis and Jenny Dengate – Google Apps (G Suite)
o Practical Application for the Classroom
o Author – Walker Books?
Ian – contact Christien to confirm date, check on availability of breakaway rooms, wifi and computers
Ian – contact Catherine Thompson
Jenny – contact Walker Books re author availability
Marianne – contact Michelle Jensen
Jan – visit Hebersham to check out the school facilities.
Term 3 Afternoon Tea Meeting
• Possible guest speaker – Dr Belle Alderman of the National Centre for Australian Children’s Literature?
Next Committee Meeting: 4.00pm at Blacktown Worker’s Sports Club (Week 3, Thursday 9th February 2017)
Meeting closed: 5.10pm.