June 14

Committee Meeting Minutes – Thursday 26 May 2016

Venue: Penrith Panthers
Meeting opened: 4.05pm
Present: Jenny Scheffers, Cathie Cattermole, Ian McLean, Jennifer Dengate, Jan Poona, Sue Pitt and Michele Young.
Apologies: Fran Mead, Lolita Garcia, Julie Grazotis, Lorraine Baxter and Natalie Ignacz.

General Business
• Jenny announced that she will be retiring from the position of PMBW Chairperson at the end of 2016. She intends to continue with her support as a Committee member
• Ian will write a short article for Scan, including photos, about our Term 2 Conference
• Ian shared a handout promoting the Jackie French Travelling Suitcase and the blog to support the CBCA Notables and “Book of the Year Awards” Short List at kidsaaa.edublods.org

Jan (Treasurer’s Report)
• $500 deposit paid for Term 2 conference. 50% of balance owing is due to be paid next week.

Term 2 2016 Conference
• Rooty Hill Club – Waratah room
• Thursday 30th June
• 82 registrations at present, up to 100 is acceptable
• See handout for Function details
• Venue seating – tables of 8
• Club will provide notepad and pen for delegates
• Access from 7am via trade entrance – lift available for sponsors
• Jenny emailed Colleen Foley to ask if SCIS could donate any books for the Lucky Door prizes
• Show bags – will contain the Agenda, Evaluation Form, Jenny William’s Handout, Term 3 Afternoon Tea with Aleesah Darlison Handout and a Scholastic book
• Sponsors – organised by Sue – Teacher’s Health, Scholastic, Syba Signs, Copyright Agency, CBCA and The Children’s Bookshop
• Introduction and thank you to presenters
Cathie – Dr Nerida McCredie
Ian – Paul Macdonald
Natalie – Jenny Williams

TO DO
 Jenny – confirm menu and finalise the number of delegates requesting special dietary requirements
 Jenny – check venue for wifi access
 Jenny – email Club PMBW Logo for signage
 Jenny – copy handouts in colour at Caddies Creek PS. School to invoice PMBW for cost of paper and printing
 Jenny – liaise with Jackie Hawkes about selling CBCA merchandise at the trade fair
 Jenny – bring a spare laptop to the conference
 Jenny – make announcements before and during lunch to remind delegates to visit the Trade Fair. Ask Events Manager if morning and afternoon tea can be set up near the Sponsor’s tables
 Fran – Purchase gifts for presenters
 Cathie – prepare ‘Reserved’ signs for Committee tables
 Cathie – organise the design and purchase of Thank you cards through Vista Print. Add PMBW logo to the back of the card. Email Jenny and the Committee a copy of the final design
 Michele – organise folders for showbags
 Jan – organise different showbag styles for primary and high school
 Jan – bring PMBW banners
 Lorraine – email delegates information about parking, Club entry etc in the week before the conference
 Lorraine – organise delegate badges
 Natalie – organise certificates.

Next meeting – Conference preparation – Thursday 16 June (Week 8) at Plumpton HS
Sue, Jenny, Jan and Michele to attend to fill showbags

Next Committee Meeting: 3.45pm at Blacktown Workers’ Sports Club (date TBA)
Meeting closed: 5.10pm


Posted June 14, 2016 by ianmclean in category minutes, news

About the Author

Ian McLean is a Sydney-based Australian primary (elementary) teacher-librarian, who spends way too much of his spare time blogging in cyberspace. A former editor of the NSW Department of Education and Training's professional journal, "Scan", he enjoys learning - along with his students and teaching colleagues - about the wonders of information and communications technology (ICT) in education.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*